Tacoma Brake Lights

My '98 Tacoma right rear brake light (upper light with the amber lens) does not work when the brake pedal is pressed. However, the right turn signal (same light) does work. I've changed bulbs just for the heck of it and there's no difference. When I depress the brake pedal the right turn signal on the dashboard lights and remains solid green until I release the pedal. I know it's trying to tell me something. Does anyone speak 'Tacoma' who can interpret?

The other brake lights work fine, so I doubt it's a fuse.

Reply to
h2owolf

Absolutely correct, MDT Tech. It was a trick question and I was the one who was tricked. Unfortunately I'm still unable to diagnose/correct the problem. The symptoms include:

  • When I depress the brake pedal, the left arrow on the dash lights steady green, and the left rear amber bulb lights.
  • All the other lights appear to work properly, including.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
h2owolf