Tacoma driving position is too low?

I test drove an 06 Tacoma the other day and liked it a lot. Consumer Reports says that the driving position is too low.

Is it really too low, or CR just blowing hot air?

(I didn't notice it during the test drive; maybe it could be a little higher.)

Reply to
g_chime

What did YOU think?

Try on my shoes, are they too tight, too loose, or just right? Everyone's got the same feet, right? Even one size 10, may fit one person's size 10 foot better than another.

Who cares what any magazine thinks about fit and position? They don't drive it, you do.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Consumer Reports is useful for things that can actually be measured, and they also mention features that you might not have considered when evaluating a product. But, ignore them when they discuss things which are obviously subjective. Did they mention how tall the people were who thought the driving position was too low?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I was all excited about 345hp and X frame and all that, so I went done dreaming I might win the lotto some time soon, and drove the 06. For one thing is is a much bigger truck, that's OK but I don't think it will haul A, like I dreamed 345hp would in the old taco. Yea I would take one with the blower. I think I'll make a new post "racing"

One thing that did not feel right was the clutch. It was weird, maybe that was because the driving position was to low, or something! I am kinda tall from the hips up, but the clutch pedal action was very different.

Reply to
ww