Tacoma Dual Exhaust

Hi Everybody,

I'm thinking about putting on dual exhaust on my 01 Tacoma 4x4.- 4cyl and I'd like your input on this project. First off I'm going to start the new exhaust system from behind the converter due to our strict EPA montoioring system in Hamilton County. I understand it's not going to sound like a V8, but I like the look of the dual exhaust.

Is this going to harm my perforance due to less back pressure?

What are the positives & negatives factors of installing this type of exhaust system on a Tacoma?

Thanks for your help!!

Rick Cincinnati, Ohio

Reply to
Rick

Less backpressure is ALWAYS good. Bigger pipes are not always good. "...too little gas speed tends to make the power curve excessively 'peaky' hurting low end torque. Larger diameter tubes allow the gases to expand; this cools the gases, slowing down both the gases and the waves."

While the article above is mainly about correctly designing headers, much of the same info applies to exhaust pipes. If you install pipes that are much bigger than stock, expect to lose some bottom end power.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton