Tacoma Error Code Help

Hello Forum,

I have received the catalyst system below thresold error (Bank 1) (P0402) twice in the last 200 miles. I am going to conduct some research on the net now, any ideas? It sounds like an oxygen sensor and the truck does idle a little rough.

Reply to
Tony

One, set your newsreader to post in Plain text

Two, your bad sensor is the one after the CAT.

The sensor(s) before the CAT adjust the air/fuel mixture, and they throw a different code. The sensor after the CAT tells you that the CAT is working or not. Since the CAT itself has no moving parts, and is a costly repair, the odds favor a worn/failed sensor over a defective CAT.

I have received the catalyst system below thresold error (Bank 1) (P0402) twice in the last 200 miles. I am going to conduct some research on the net now, any ideas? It sounds like an oxygen sensor and the truck does idle a little rough.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland