Tacoma Front License Plate Bracket?

You keep posting things that are not true, or at least not universally true. Why don't you fully research things before you "post as fact". Are you a troll just looking for attention? In my state autos are not registered when they leave the lot. In many cases they are not even bought in the state in which they will finally be registered. There is a period of time for you to go to the courthouse and register the vehicle and apply for title.

The bracket does not have to be provided. My state and no bordering state requires a front tag.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:46:49 -0500, "rb" found these unused words floating about:

That, a smart knowledgeble consumer or one who has been bitten by shlock dealers before and at least learned -=that=- lesson !

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:41:00 -0500, Frank Boettcher found these unused words floating about:

There is NO "universal truth" ... You haven't a clue that differing areas, even within states have differing rules, regulations and laws!

Many states have the dealer 'register' the car and provide a temporary paper 'plate'. Some now have the dealer collect all fees and you get the plates FROM the dealer after the paper work is returned from the DMV or appropriate agency.

In Nevada, for example, you don't go to the courthouse, but to the DMV. Even IF the -=dealer=- fails to put on the front plate, even IF there's no mounting for a plate, you will get ticketed!

Titling in many states (Nevada amongst them) is now done by the dealer, except on PPS.

If not being registered in that state, you need to buy a transportation permit - sold by ...

hang in there ...

THE DEALER !!!!!!!!!

Been there, done all of that -----

... now crawl back under -=your=- bridge.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Then they don't have to give YOU a mounting bracket. Where I live, they must give me the bracket because a front tag is required. The ORIGINAL POSTER lives in a state like mine that demands front plates. HE should be able to demand a mounting bracket. You live under a different law, and you can not demand a remedy for nonconformance with this particular law.

Had you bothered to read what I say in the following paragraph -- which I posed earlier, and to which you replied to a portion and ignored another portion -- you would see that all I am saying is that if a front plate IS required, then one can apply leverage to get a free front plate mounting bracket. An automaker can not sell as an option any part that is required to be installed on a NEW CAR OR TRUCK that he is offering for sale. He can not, for example, offer seat belts as an option because seatbelts are a requirement. Yes, some states might not require seatbelt use, but I don't know of any states where this is true and I admit that I don't get out much. What I do know is that seat belts are federally mandated. Front plates are required in my state, and many others. The automaker MUST provide a means to attach a front plate as part of a NEW car or truck sale. As a consumer, I would not tolerate a mickey mouse installation IF there was an available mounting kit. Having said that, my daughter had a Tacoma that my recollection is there was a mounting kit that was used on the front plate. I could be wrong, but I recall a mounting bracket.

If you know for a fact that there is no bracket, then say so. Nobody gives a rat's ass that you do not need a front plate, because the original question was pursuant to mounting a REQUIRED front plate.

What are you, a troll?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have my third Toyota truck, this time a Tundra. None have had a bracket, or obviously available holes. Each truck has had two little dimples in the front bumper. You can neatly, in whatever manner you like, pierce the bumper cover through those dimples to create the holes you need. Then you stop by the Toyota dealer and tell them you need two front license plate mounting screws. Each time they've been given to me for free and usually a couple of extra also.

Reply to
Dean

Your post above only says that "when buying from a dealership, the vehicle must be registered to get it off the lot" Does not qualify in any particular state nor does the post you responded to. It is not universally true and you made no attempt to qualify.

There is no mounting bracket on the 2007 Tacoma. I just bought one. And it is not required by law that the automaker provide one or the means to attach. Please quote the Federal statute. Unless you mean to use self tapping screws or tie it on with baling wire.

Of course they don't. I never stated they did. You have stated several times that "the manufacturer is required by law to provide a means for mounting. That is not true. The dealership may mount it any way they want if not specified by the prospective buyer.

A troll is one who posts things that are not true to get a reaction from those who may be trying to either gain or give accurate information. May use multiple sockpuppets to extend the conversation. Does so for sport or to get attention. I'm through giving it.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

You are making no attempt to give accurate information because you are not required to have the equipment that is missing.

I'm saying that if there is a requirement for front plates AND there is a mounting kit available, then a buyer can and should get the mounting kit free of charge (or included in the price of a new vehicle).

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Why don't you read what's been written? There is no damn mounting kit. There is no mounting bracket. There are holes and you get the screws for free from a dealer. Is that so hard to understand?

Reply to
Dean

Then give me a couple of minutes to go out and remove the front plate mount on my daughter's Tacoma. I'll be right back ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:54:53 GMT, "Jeff Strickland" found these unused words floating about:

Guess I'll have to do the same to 'comply' with Dean's obstinacy - I'm

-=sure=- he's right and that would mean that I didn't mount my license plate on the bracket that -=came with=- my Tacoma and was -=NOT=- dealer added ...

(FWIW ... ALL the Taco's on the lot had them even before dealer delivery prep - mine had just come off the truck and was very dirty !)

Darn, looks like a bracket, feels like a bracket, plate mounts like it's going on a bracket ... wonder if the plant puts different bumpers on them depending upon the State or Toyota 'Region'?

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien