Tacoma Shock suggestions?

I have 60k on my 98' taco. It has the original Bilsteins from the TRD package. My front tires are cupping pretty bad. The ride also seems unusually harsh. I would prefer to get a softer ride since I don't offroad it as often as I used to. Is there a good set of cheap shocks which are soft? I wanted to get the rancho 9000x because they are 9stage adjustable, however they only make them for the rear of the truck. I have also heard that the bilsteins are the only decent shock for tacomas because they're specifically tuned in their dampening rates. I will buy them again if there is no better option. Also, aren't bilsteins supposed to have a lifetime warrenty? They came from the dealer so that may not apply. Bilstein also claims that their shocks don't fade. Other brands say their shocks "reduce fading". Suggestions?

Reply to
D G

Retail Bilsteins never wear out. Mine have 100k, and if anything they are stiffer than when new. If you want something softer, look at Monroe.

Reply to
Dan G

Consider Monroe Sensa-Track

Retail Bilstein shocks have a lifetime warranty. Bilsteins sold as OEM on the truck have the truck's warranty.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Malcom Gillette

in article P4kcb.54551$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.central.cox.net, Malcom Gillette at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 9/24/03 10:00 AM:

Try edelbrock IAS shocks they have a soft ride that switches to firm automaticly

Reply to
David Lind