Tacoma tune up

It's time for first tune up and warranty is out would you recommend taking it to Toyota dealer or would a good tune up shop do as good?

Toyota dealer is in different town.

Reply to
HC174565

What's so hard about new plugs?

I'd buy a set of plugs and 18 cans of my favorite beer. I'd then enjoy 16 of the beers sitting beside the pool in about an hour. (I take a long time to get my wrench out ...) I'd be tempted to pour in a can of fuel injector cleaner too ...

If you are not the mind that does this sort of stuff, any shop can handle the job for you.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Just get quality plugs - NGK or Nippondenso. AVOID Bosch, AC, Champion. If they are platium coated don't try to check gap or gap them - you'll scrath the thin platinum off.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Forget the "stealership" and go to a good tune up shop. Good Luck.......

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

We don't use the expression "tune up" any more. We now call it the "30,000 mile maintenance." Get your owner's manual and find the list of the work recommended. If you can do any of it yourself, go for it. For the other jobs, find a good local independent shop. If you like their work, become a regular there.

There are several important items on the list besides spark plugs...change the coolant, change the brake fluid, visually inspect several things.

There is no need to get work done at the dealership except warranty work. You can have all your maintenance done elsewhere during the warranty period as long as you maintain the needed records.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton