Test Drove a 97 4Runner yesterday, question about steering wheel position.

The SUV is in pretty good shape. 93K miles. The previous owner put those metal racing pedals on the floor. It's a five speed loaded with all optons. It drives nice and shift smoothly. The truck got pretty loud on hwy above 70 mph and some vibration from the front. I think it's the tires

My question is when I drive the truck on the straight road, the position of the steering wheel is not straight, it's a little crooked to the left side. What cause that? Is is because some major work done to the steering rack?

By the way, the radio and CD player would not turn on.............

Thanks Kenny

Reply to
K L

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:43:24 -0400, "K L" found these unused words floating about:

Could be a crowned road, the last alignment wasn't carefully checked to set the wheel level -or- it needs an alignment ... see the tires, eh?

Oh, then dump it, they're the most important things ...

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

THe steering wheel not centered is TOE OUT for alignment. Align and this will be corrected. as Far as the stereo not working ofr a few bucks at a Wally world you can have a new one. If the price is good BUY IT. I just bought a 90 4 Runner for 1500, I then put 1800 into it now shes a great truck, I still need to fix some rust issues but that can wait until cooler weather. BTW, I spent 218 on the new stereo for mine.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1