Timing chain conversion kit for 3.4 V-6?

I have a 2001 toyota tundra, i just bought from the dealer with 34,000 miles on it. i like Toyota anything, but one thing i don't like about my full size truck's V-6 motor is the fact that it uses an internal timing belt(?) because of my not so good credit, i am paying what the truck cost new, even though it is nearly 4 years old. since that is the case, i want to make the truck last as long as i can. is there a timing CHAIN conversion kit? or a timing GEAR conversion kit? i would rather spend some $ now, rather than lots more $$$ later. does anyone know if there is a such thing?

Reply to
G4331

you don't need to worry about the belt. it will last.

after you pay on the truck (promptly) for about a year, and keep the same job for about that long, you could re-finance the truck at a lending institution that will give you a reasonable interest rate. that way you only pay the higher rate for one year. this will also help you to rebuild your credit. if you have any charge-offs on your credit, offer to pay them if they remove their negative credit information from your credit report. a few may refuse the offer, but most, if not all, will agree.....they want their money above all else. I worked at a bank a few years ago.

opinions will vary, jk

Reply to
John N. Kessler

The 3.4l V6 engine is a non-interference design, so even if it should happen to let go, you won't get any engine damage

Reply to
dave

Hey dumb shit, why did you even bring up the bad credit if you didn't want any comments on it? I was just trying to help.

opinions will vary, jk

Reply to
John N. Kessler