Timing chain on 84 22RE

Has anyone replaced this?

I am having difficulty getting the chain cover loose.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisH

Need more info. Here are a couple of links to help.

Good Luck! JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Here's one more page:

I'll bet you missed the upper bolt that is submerged in a pool of oil in the head.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

Reply to
scott and barb

You bet! Thanks, Now to remember where everything goes back.

Reply to
ChrisH

There is a bolt coming down from the top (under the distributor drive) that goes thru the head into the timing chain cover. It's sorta' hidden & is usually in a small pool of oil. This would be my no.1 suspect. I'm sure you already have the oil pan bolts out that go into the bottom of the chain cover?? Good luck & if I can help, email me. snipped-for-privacy@satx.rr.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "ChrisH" Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota.trucks Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 8:48 AM Subject: Timing chain on 84 22RE

Reply to
John Mason