Tip for getting at O2 sensor connector?

On my 99 Tacoma, the upstream O2 sensor's wiring connector is mounted above the transmission, making it difficult to disconnect. Any techs here got any tips on this? I'm thinking about a crowfoot wrench to remove the harness mounting clip, possibly allowing me to get a better grip on the connector, or maybe removing the crossmember supports to drop the trans a couple of inches. I've searched this group's archives, but my little problem seems to be all my own. Tom

Reply to
tom

Never mind. I was able to drop the transmission slightly and could finally reach the connector. Thanks, anyway. Tom

Reply to
tom

be glad you're not changing starters on a mk 3 supra. it can't be reached from underneath and from the top, a wrench will only turn

1/8" at a time. i finally welded a socket wrench to a steel rod so i could go a full 1/4".
Reply to
someone