Tire pressure warning light on the dash

The tire pressure warning light went on. I inflated the four tires to

40 psi (these are P265/65R17) but the light continued to be on. After pressurizing the spare tire to 40 psi the light went out. The spare tire is suspended on a cable. This is a 2006 SR5 Tundra. My question is where is the sensor for the spare tire and how does this work?
Reply to
Phisherman

Same as the other 4 tires.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Isn't the sensor in the tire valve?

Reply to
TOM

The sensor is in a little box either strapped inside the rim drop center, or some manufacturers make them mounted right behind the fill stem and the antenna is the fill stem.

I Googled and found the OTC Tools reader you use to test the system and the tire pressures, let me see if I can find a tutorial...

Aha! A series of tutorials on this page - Go look here:

EnTire Solution says they make the sensors for one Toyota model. Can't find a company claiming to make the system Toyota uses on the Tundra, but you might have better luck.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman