Tire size redux (good tire size comparison calculator found online)

After poking around the 'Net and asking at a site I don't normally use a lot, Ask Jeeves

I found a good tire size calculator at:

I like this one because it will convert old-style tire sizes (like

31x10.50R15) to an equivalent P metric size, in addition to doing the odometer and speedometer comparisons.

On this site, I learned that the 31x10.50R15 tires that seem to be so commonly available are functionally equivalent to the P265/75R15 tires that came on my 2000 Tacoma 4WD extended cab.

I've found this to be a valuable tool and recommend its use.

Now I've just got to decide what 31x10.50 tires I want to buy. ;-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++ H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
hbelkins(at)mis.net "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."

--Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...

Reply to
H.B. Elkins