tire sizes

I have a 2000 toyota tacoma 4x4 ,with firestone wildeerness P 265R 70 /15 size tires on it . I need to replace the tires and nothing I like comes in that size , everthing is 16"dia, in 265/70 . but there is alot 15" in sizes like 31x something . in inchs not CM. what is the closes conversions to my original size tires or what sizes work best

Reply to
gg

You can use this on-line calculator to covert the sizes:

Roger Brown

Reply to
Wolfgang

gg, check this out,

I have a '99 Prerunner.

I just bought 4 Michelins from these guys in Phoenix from their on line site. No tax or freight. They have an online chat that you can talk to the tech if you need to. I stumbled along trying to figure out the tire sizes as well. I finally settled on the LTX M/S 31-1050-15C Michelins. Paid $584 before the $50 Michelin rebate. Their tech says they are .5 inches narrower and .7 inches shorter. He was right. They look nearly the same as my original Firestones.

I just put them on yesterday. Much quieter than the Firestones.

Good Luck,

Frank

Reply to
Frank