Tocoma Ventilation Controls

I have an '07 Tocoma with the V-6, auto. When the fan speed switch is in the "OFF" position some outside air enters through which ever selection the other control dial is set to.....floor, defrost, vent, etc.

This occurs when the truck is moving and the temp can be regulated with the temp dial. When stopped there is no air entering.

Is this part of a continuous ventilation system like GM used to have or is something not working right?

dwk

Reply to
dwk

I read somewhere that all vehicles must have a small amount of ventilation so that the interior will be less likely to fill with carbon monoxide in case of an exhaust leak. My two previous Toyota PU's both had it.

Reply to
OldPhart

I would never know my truck had tht problem because I've not set the fan speed to off in any car I've owned.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

its normal, if you want the air to stop, push the recirculation button to on.. the light will come on.. no outside air comes in..

Reply to
Troy

Mines the same. Hit the recirc and it will close it off.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher