Toyota 5 Spd

I bought a 80 toyota 4x4 short box this summer, nice truck, and my first Toyota. The previous owner changed the 20R and 4 spd trany to a 85

22R carbed and a 82-83? 5 spd. The trans is shot ( BB'S in a blender in 5th gear). I have heard that there was a bearing change around 84. I would like to use a stronger trans in this truck instead of rebuilding the 82. Need to know what years will fit this truck with out changing cross member or drive line length. Also is there any casting marks or numbers, etc on the cases that would ID model. Thanx for any help, Dave
Reply to
DAVID