Toyota CD Player

Or I should say, Toyota CD player will not play cd's. I have a '95 4Runner with the double tall cd/cassette/stereo. It has all but stopped playing cd's. They will load and spin but, only play when it feels like. Anyone know of a cure? The Sony PS2 used to have the same problem when it came out but, you could open it up and tweak it back to life. I'm an electronics tech so I'm not above tearing it apart but, I'd like to know if anyone has gotten one to work after they give it up. I don't want to replace it because soon it will become my oldest son's problem.

Reply to
AndyK.

One of the big tape & blank CD companies (Memorex, maybe?) sells a disc for cleaning the optical parts of CD players. I got mine at CVS (the drug store). It's revived a couple of players that were operating marginally. Might be worth a try.

Reply to
Doug Kanter