Toyota Land Cruiser 1987 Oil leaks

Hi, I am experenicing this problem with my Toyota Landcruiser 1987 that whenever I run it the oil leaks very heavy. I have get it checked and it is not gaskit. I am still trying to figure out from where this oil is leaking. During idle it is not leaking.

Reply to
nika

I assume by heavy, you mean losing a lot of oil? Like more than a quart a week? Only thing I know is my old 82 one time leaked oil kind of bad (1 qt in 2 weeks), the PCV valve was plugged and the pressure was pushing oil past the seals. I would check that first. If that ain't it, just gotta trace down the leak. Chas

Reply to
Chas

====== ======

Crank the motor........

grab the garden hose........

spray off motor till clean.........

drive truck around block................

crawl illiterate ass under truck.............

find area of engine oil leakage....................

or......"have git it checked"............ by someone that knows what they're doin???

hope whoever you "have git it checked" by.......... didn't charge you alot to tell you it wasn't a gasket. (cuz friends,yard birds, and dummies..usually don't charge)

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Might check rear main seal on crank shaft.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

The Toyota F-motor (formerly the GM Blue Flame Six) has a habit of all the oil pan bolts getting loose, and then the pan gasket starts weeping whenever the engine is running.

Get a chunk of shag carpet, heavy cardboard or a creeper and slide underneath with a socket wrench & 4-inch extension (no jacking or ramps really needed) and snug the pan bolts down hand tight (stop before the gasket distorts too much).

There are also lifter gallery covers on the side of the block, but do the pan first and see if that cures the majority of the leaks.

After the oil pan is tight hit it with some engine cleaner, a soak period, and then a pressure or steam washer. Once the block is clean, the remaining leaks will be much easier to spot and track to their source.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

======= =======

find leak first.... then turn wrench.....

basic concept of time/labor management.

or....

you could use the Gomer method of diagnostics and repair...... tighten ALL things first... (why stop at one maybe..fix all maybes) then find leak ... then turn wrench...

~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.......mmmmm.......now that's some good stuff~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Might check rear main seal on crank shaft. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

dammit Sno...... make him take the rite steps first, BEFORE you give out the trade secrets.

~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.....ripps up the work order...... sht.....another job lost~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster