Toyota quality?

I am very sorry, but this is very hard to believe. Are you a dealer for Dodge or Ford or GMC, trying to instill bad vibes toward a world class automaker?

Reply to
Bob Palmer

No Bob, Im not a dealer or troll, just someone who has been burned twice. I just went and picked up the truck from the dealer for the third time and they say they did not hear any noise unusual. Funny thing is the truck did not make this noise until the dealer did a oil change at

4000 miles and it started about 40 miles after that. The oil looks ok so I have no idea why its making the noise, but it used to not do this.
Reply to
specman1

You might want to have that looked at by another Toyota dealer ***AND*** a competent independent mechanic. It doesn't take much imagination to think of a few nasty things that could be done during an oil change by some knuckle-dragging incompetent. If there's some sort of major, permanent damage to the engine, you need to jump all over the dealer, and FAST.

This may sound like a joke, but have you considered calling that auto show on National Public Radio? 1-888-CAR-TALK (888-227-8255) I think you're required to put up with being harrassed by the two guys who run the show, but they really do know their stuff.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I sold the truck yesterday. I hated to because this thing rode like a luxury vehicle but got tired of the noise. I felt real fortunate to get

15,500 for it since our dealer is selling them for 15,900 for the V6 and 16,900 for thr V8 reg.cabs.
Reply to
specman1

Interesting. I hadn?t noticed the lack of higher gears, but then I like to let it warm up a bit. Thanks.

Reply to
Rich97702