Toyota service doesnt care!

reference my thread > Tacoma Prerunner Unresolved Problem

Doe they really care about their coustomers ??????

Reply to
NewsGrpUser

You must work for Toyota!

Reply to
NewsGrpUser

Keep asking to speak to bosses' bosses until you get some action! Go to the Corporate office if you have to, but be sure you have your shit together and have a legitimate complaint or you'll look like an angry fool who's wasting their (and your) time.

Complaining to us won't do you any good. You may get moral support, but no substantive help.

Tom S

Reply to
Tom S

Thanks....just looking for some feedback from others who have not been "Completely Satisfied" on their last service visit. (Toyota's bleak attempt to bolster what they think will show others of great service to their customers"

Reply to
NewsGrpUser

Do notice -again- his caveat, one you haven't been able to do - yet!

"but be sure you have your shit together and have a legitimate complaint or you'll look like an angry fool who's wasting their (and your) time."

That means a complaint -you- can show them ... no technician has 'sixth sense' or 'magical divination' powers, though sometime it may seem so when they do 'pull a rabbit out of a hat' for the customer.

Thay can't fix what -you- can't show 'em!

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:15:28 GMT, "NewsGrpUser" found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

I thought it was their job to diagnose. All I can do is make an honest attempt to describe my noise, the service writer just kinda says "ok"

Reply to
NewsGrpUser

I bet there's more to this than we're hearing...

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Drive around with someone until the noise is heard. We are not to do any repairs unless we can duplicate the noice/problem and its deemed as abnormal.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Its also your job to show them the noise.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Reply to
NewsGrpUser

No, that is not what I'm saying at all. The tech has to hear a noise. Take hime for a ride, when you and him hear it, tell him "thats the noise" if it doesnt do it, try again later. Once the noise is ID'd, then pinpointing the source is next if this noise is not a "normal condition". And quit exaggerating, the driveshaft wont fall out, it will produce a noise and vibration that is easy to locate. And no, you wont lose control, the steering will still operate wihtout the driveshaft. Quit hamming it up and playing chicken little. I can assume the noise is so obscure and intermittent if there is even a real problem in the first place.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Hey just do what us TUNDRA guys do...turn up the radio! I have a 2000 tundra sr5 V8 with 48000 miles on her. The only thing I had wrong with her was my antenna base was moving,Toyota fixed it and that was it. Being from MICHIGAN home of the BIG3,FOX TOYOTA is great. I only use MOBIL 3 oil and she purrs like a kitten. I love my truck and I wouldn't own a friggin ford if ya gave it to me! That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Reply to
Mylo2265

I have to jump in here and say that I agree 100% with MDT Tech. I have not seen in your (multiple) threads where YOU actually took a tech with you in the car in an attempt to duplicate the problem for him/her.

I had a similar situation with my Jeep. I kept hearing a whining noise when coasting around 60mph. The techs thought it was the rear differential, so it was replaced. I kept hearing it, and wound up replacing it again.

Just before the warranty ran out, I took it back and told them I still heard it. This time, however, I requested a tech to go along with me so I could point out the noise. So off we go, I get it on the highway, coast at 60mph, and say "There it is..do you hear that?" and the tech says to me, "That's your noise? That's just normal gear noise...my own truck is a lot louder than that". He them proceeded to explain to me the rule about moderate radio volume, and low fan speed on the A/C, and how they normally don't consider it a problem unless the noise is louder than that.

So the lesson I learned here is this: when you have a problem with a strange 'noise' or intermittent problem, NEVER just let the techs try to find it themselves. Get your ass in the car with them, and point it out when it happens. Repeat until you hear it, and they acknowledge that they hear it.

I don't work for Toyota, I don't even own a Toyota (yet...hope to own a Tundra soon). But I know that difficulty in getting a mechanic to duplicate intermittent problems is universal. I experienced it with my Jeep. I also experienced it with a bad distributor on a Camaro years ago. But unlike you, I do not blame them for not finding it, since they cannot shove every other car aside to concentrate on my problem and drive the car around all day until "something" happens.

So quit accusing Toyota of not caring about their customers.

Reply to
Brandon

Great, the problem is with the driveshaft, now, get down to your Toyota dealer and tell them about it!

Heck, with your talent at finding elusive problems, maybe you could get a job as a "Service Driver!" I don't think that classification exists yet, but they should be more than willing to create it for someone with your ability!

Congratulations!!!

Tom - Vista, CA

NewsGrpUser wrote:

Reply to