Toyota Tundra - CRASH!

Autoblog

About a month ago, we told you about the all-new Toyota Tundra's stunning four-star NHTSA crash test score, which was lower than the five stars received by the F-150 and Silverado. Toyota seemed as surprised as anyone else by the test scores, and now they've saved some face by getting the highest possible score of "Good" from the IIHS in front crash testing for both the 2WD and 4WD Double Cab model
The poor showing in the NHTSA crash score testing was yet another blow to the Tundra as it was searching for respect in the ultra-competitive full-size pickup market, and with a "Good" score from the IIHS, we think the San Antonio-made Tundra got quite a bit of that respect back.

---------- Comments:

--Soooo what's the difference between the NHTSA test and the IIHS test that caused the higher mark?

--NHTSA is a full frontal collision at 35mph, IIHS is an offset frontal collision at 40mph. IIHS is a more severe test.

--Why is there the need to have 2 different crash tests when one comprehensive test would suffice? I think it causes confusion as to which one is the better test as with the Tundra in the above story...

--LOL. Respect. Tundra. Sorry, those two words don't go together. Try again!

--Ohh good, the anti-Toyota 'tards are out early today to provide me a hearty laugh as I start my workday.

Reply to
George Orwell

"George Orwell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mixmaster.it...

This must give you a huge erection. Do you also get a party in your pants when you see military action on TV?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom