Transmission Fluid 2006 Tundra 4.7 V8 Double Cab 4x4

How do you check transmission fluid levels and add fluid if necessary for a 4.7 liter V8? For the life of me, I can't find a dip stick leading to the transmission and the owner's manual doesn't address it. There is a small plug next to the drain plug on the transmission pan that says "check" on it but I'm afraid if turn it out, I'll have transmission fluid flowing onto the floor.

If one needed to add transmission fluid, where do you introduce it? Unlike my old Chevrolet 305 engine, I simply can't see where the spout and dipstick are for the automatic transmission.

This a new truck for me and I'm just trying to learn where everything is. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
test