Transmission Jack for 7" Suspension lift

I'm close to putting my tranmssion back into my truck. I made a little saddle on my floor jack to the transmission to sit in while it's on the jack. I tested the jack for hight and I'm almost a foot too low still when at max jack height. Any suggestions as to how I can raise the sucker up without it being too unstable? Thanks

Reply to
MIA

Don't raise the bridge, lower the river ;>) Do you have any jack stands? Maybe try setting the truck on jack stands with all the tires removed. I'm making this up as I go, but perhaps if you took the floor jack, raised the truck, removed the tires and set the truck on the jack stands as low as they will hold it you can make up the difference. I've seen some pretty scary pics of guys sticking 4x4's, 6x6's and the like on a pile on top of the jack to gain some height, but it always looks iffy to me. Personally, if I had the lumber handy, I think I would take them and build a platform to put the jack on instead. If necessary, maybe even combine the two putting the truck on jack stands and the jack on a platform. Good luck.

Chris

Reply to
MFINJA

rent a trans jack for the day. well worth it-

Reply to
miike