Tundra Access Cab V6 6 speed manual

I thought I would like to buy a Tundra Access Cab with the speed manual transmission. They do not seem to make many of these and I have not been able to find one to test drive.

I have driven a 6 and 8 cyl Assess Cabs with the auto trans, and today I drove a Regular Cab with the 6 speed. I also drove a Tacoma with 4 cyl a 5 speed manual.

The Tacoma shifted well, but I found it difficult to shift in the Tundra. It was a bit difficult to find the gears, sort of vague and uncertain, also the clutch was very sensitive, making engaging the gears smoothly difficult.

Now I'm not so sure I should go with the manual transmission.

I'm sure I could get used to the clutch (some of it could have been just being in a hurry and not taking time to adjust the seat), but the sloppy feel of the gear shift concerns me. In over 35 years of driving I have never had an auto trans, and getting my first auto in a truck seems especially wussy (I mean, do all those tough looking guys you see on TV hauling things, getting dirty and driving through mud, really have leather, fancy radios and auto trans in their trucks?),

Can anyone tell me their experience with the Tundra 6 speed? Does the Access Cab (comes with Captains Chair seats and console vs. the bench seat in the Reg Cab) shift better than than one in the Reg Cab? If the shifting seem vague do you get used to it?

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Reply to
someone

I'll let you know when mine arrives. I don't like automatics, so even though I haven't driven it, I ordered a manual.

I've had plenty of Toyota manual transmissions in the past, so I'm not worried.

I'll post when the truck eventually shows up.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y