Tundra Cruise Control

I have a 2001 Tundra 3.4V6 w/auto. I'm in the process of installing an SCS/Frigette cruise control and am having a little trouble engineering any of the brackets they supplied to hook actuator cable to TB linkage without welding and etc. My TB has two separate linkages, one for foot throttle and one for the trans kickdown. I looked at a Tacoma w/V6 and it has an additional linkage/spring for the cruise. Toyota parts doesn't have any listing for this linkage so I called tech support. They state the V6 in the Tundra doesn't have cruise available so there is no linkage for it and they can't tell me if the part for the Tacoma will cross. Do any of you Toyota techs know if I can use the linkage piece from the Taco? If so, would you have any part numbers for the piece(s) I'd need. Thanks in advance and sorry for long post, david92

Reply to
davidj92

My 2002 Tundra 6 cylinder has factory cruise control.

linkage/spring

Reply to
Albanygun

You didn't buy it from me is the problem

But. i can help

On page 8 of the Vacuum cruise or page 6 of the Electric cruise is some pics of throttle brackets that you modify to fit. They work VERY well. They are easy to make.

I will try to draw this on here throttle and cable now ~~~~~~~~~~O the circle illustrares the round throttle area the cable is wrapped around

Now add the cruise ~~~~~~~~~/ the " / " is the new added arm in ita at rest idle position. It should be about ~~~~~~~~\ when at full throttle.

Use arm # 42 ,the one with angled slots. Use the right angle for your throttle shaft. Trim the other angle slot off. attach the cable to the 3rd hole away from the slot you keep after you have the arm bent to fit and clear your throttle.

Reply to
Im Right

I think I did buy it from you. Aren't you in Missouri? Thanks for the tip, I was kinda thinking something about the same as you drew. Only thing that concerns me a little is if I attach the bracket via the angled slot it attaches to the throttle shaft which is attached solid to the kickdown control. The throttle shaft and kickdown are actuated by the foot throttle via a tang on the foot throttle linkage so, they turn independently of each other. So, when the cruise turns the throttle shaft the foot throttle and it's linkage won't turn. Will this cause a problem or am I being too anal? Thanks, Dave davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Sell me the linkage I need and you can get it replaced by warranty. Just tell them it must have fallen off or something. :-) Seriously, I found out what you already knew, there are Tundra V6's w/cruise but, I still can't find a part number for the linkage. Dave davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

My '03 6 cyl has factory cruise control. Do you want me to take a picture of anything?

RG

Reply to
RG

Thanks for the offer, I found a salvage yard today I do a lot of business with for my work that has a T100 and they gave me the linkage and bracket I need. If for some reason it won't work I'll hook it up the way Tom showed. Thanks for all the help. Still the best NG on the net. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92