Tundra ground lights

I heard that some guys wired up lights under the truck that come on with the cargo light. Cool idea for approaching a dark truck.

Does anyone have the instructions that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Reply to
dave

First, keep in mind that in some parts of the country, ground lights must be purple, and must be installed along with at least 300 lbs of useless chrome accessories.

But seriously: For instinctual reasons I can't fully explain, I would not connect ground lights directly to the cargo light circuit. I'd use the cargo light circuit to trip a 12 volt relay, and let the relay turn on the ground lights. Put a fuse between the relay and the ground lights. This way, if the ground lights, wires or connections are compromised by moisture or mechanical damage and you end up with a short circuit, it won't take out your cargo light. The relay and fuse should be mounted inside the truck.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Good point,,, thanks.

Reply to