Tundra Lube Problem...

My 2002 SR5 Tundra Ext Cab 4x4 has been great except for one thing... I can't figure out how to get Grease into the Front drive shaft fittings... The housing around the fittings is too close and won't allow my grease gun tip enough room to snap on to the fitting... All the other fittings work fine and are easy to grease... But not the front ones... I have gone to every Auto Parts store in town trying to get a smaller tip for my grease gun but nobody has one... Has anybody else run into this problem? I probably could put longer grease fittings in the front but I really don't want to... (They might get broken off in the rough stuff)... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks... Bo

Reply to
Bo

Car manufacturers are famous for creating situations that require special tools. How about poking around the Snap

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Car manufacturers are famous for creating situations that require special tools. How about poking around the Snap-On web site? I see they've got a slew of angled & flexible fittings, like the YA757, a right angle thing that appears to have a very low profile.

Doug Kanter

I got the Plews 05-022 at an auto parts store, and it works fine to put grease in those fittings. Eight fittings, total, right?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Yes, 8 Fittings... I will check on the Plews 05-022 Thanks a lot...

Ken

Reply to
Bo

Try the needle attachment for your gun. Been using one 3 lubes now. 8 fittings. Available anywhere.

Reply to
Bob H

I'll try the needle... Thanks... Bo...

Reply to
Bo

Hello,

Are there any lube points/fittings on the '03 2WD 6cyl. Tundra?

RG

fittings...

Reply to
RG