Turn signals, fuel gauge, temp gauge don't work, haz light work! 1984 Toyota Pickup 2WD

While I'm waiting for a factory manual I ordered, would someone give me some ideas about this problem. The turn signals don't work, even manually, but the hazard light works normally. The temperature gauge and the fuel gauge also went out at the same time, and the dash lights as not as bright as they were when everything was working although they are still ok. The backup light is not working, but I'm not sure it went out at the same time, but probably did.

I've seen an electrical diagram from a "early model" and it looks like the same fuze supplies the hazard switch which in turn supplies the flasher relay which then supplies the turn signal switch and on to the lights themselves. The hazard switch also seems to supply current directly to the lights, bypassing the flasher relay. Does the hazard switch have a built in flasher relay of its own? I'm trying to find a reason why the turnsignals would be dead but the hazard lights work normally.

Also trying to find a common link between the turn signals and the two gauges that are dead, the fuel gauge and the temp gauge. I haven't spotted anything yet, but I'm not sure this wiring diagram I'm looking at covers the 1984 pickup.

Looking at the fuze box on the left interior wall under the dash, the fuze box plastic lid doesn't list a fuze for the turn signals, and no mention of gauges or dash either. Is there another fuze box (besides the one in the engine compartment on the right wall) that I don't know of?

Also, can someone tell me where the flasher relay is located, I want to make sure it is grounded. There is a green relay looking thing on the left interior wall fuze box, but I couldn't get it out to read the lettering that would identify it.

I'm new to this car and flying blind as far as the electric circuitry is concerned. I'd appreciate any help, and especially a link to the correct wiring diagram and relay locations list.

The previous owner warned me about this problem, said it have happened to him several times but always corrected itself after awhile.

Thanks in advance,

John

Reply to
jbclem