unable to open doors

i locked my keys in my 1991 toyota pickup. while i was asleep my friend proceeded to retrieve them by prying his way into the truck. he succeeded. now i cannot open my doors from the inside or outside. the locks don't work or the windows. can someone please tell me what to do?

Reply to
ms_j

Find a new friend. I suggest the zoo. Most things there have more brains then your current friend.

Sounds like he totaly screwed up the inside guts of your doors. If he also bent them by trying to pry them open, then I suggest you hit a salvage yard for a used set of doors.

It's not THAT hard to unlock it. I locked my keys in mine last week. After spending 20 minutes with a slimjim, I said screw it, bent a welding rod into the shape I needed, and pop, door open in less then 5 minutes.

Reply to
Eddie

Find a new friend. I suggest the zoo. Most things there have more brains then your current friend.

Sounds like he totaly screwed up the inside guts of your doors. If he also bent them by trying to pry them open, then I suggest you hit a salvage yard for a used set of doors.

It's not THAT hard to unlock it. I locked my keys in mine last week. After spending 20 minutes with a slimjim, I said screw it, bent a welding rod into the shape I needed, and pop, door open in less then 5 minutes.

Reply to
Eddie

Your friend might have screwed up the internals of the window and door lock. It should be easy to fix if your mechanically inclined. You'll have to remove the door panel, then carefully remove the weather seal. I said careful, because you'll have to put it back. You can now look inside the door to see what your friend screwed up. Any good mechanic worth their salt should be able to fix it.

If you have window cranks, there is a trick to remove the clip holding the crank, if you don't have the right tool. Let me know and I'll post it.

Is the key lock still useable?

Good luck!

JW

Reply to