V8 in a 4Runner

I know you can put a small block Checy, or a Ford engine into a 4Runner, and that you can put the ford engine in without having to lift it, but the chevy engine works best with a lift kit. What I would like to knowis, has anyone ever heard of someone putting a Big Block Chevy, such as a 454 into a

4runner? If anyone has a link to such a beast, PLEASE let me know.!! I will really really appreciatte it.
Reply to
guess

Seems that you would only go from gas station to gas station with a big block.....

But it would be bad in between.........................

C.

Reply to
C.

Why would ya bother! Why not a 4.0 litre Lexus motor, 36 Valve, economy of a medium sized sedan and revs to 6500 all day everyday. Cheap to buy, light, reliable, injected, computer controlled, as much power as a small block (unmodified).

And most of all pretty well and easy legal swap.

Reply to
Scotty