Voltage regulator

I replaced the voltage regulator on my 1979 4wd after experincing the charge light come on and the battery dead. The old regulator was the large point type (black box)but the one the parts place sold me is smaller and looks like an electronic version. The battery still is not charging, but the charge indicator is not lighted. Could it be that I have the wrong regulator?

James

Reply to
JVN

Yes, that's very possible. Sometimes getting the correct regulators on older vehicles is difficult.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

How did you check the alternator to determine if it is okay?

Reply to
Jarhead

"Jarhead" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@amaonline.com:

Yes, I removed it and carried it to a repair shop and had it tested. It checked outOK.

Reply to
JVN

Go back over your connections to ensure they are correct, tight and that you didn't miss one. Also, any plugs are a possible source of problem as they can have bent or dirty connectors. Use a dielectric grease on plug style connectors as well. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92