Warning: Raider toppers

Just an FYI, if anyone is considering a Raider topper for their Tacoma. Mine is about 8 years old and all the clear coat finish is peeling off in huge sheets. This is covered under warranty, but the catch is that you have to take the topper back to your dealer and have it shipped to Raider for a re-paint. Topper will be gone for at least a month. Cost of re-painting at a body shop runs $300-450. So, this is a lesson to me to never buy another Raider topper. Even if I did ship it back, they still have the option to refuse to paint it if they find something that allows them to weasel out of it. Seems a pretty worthless warranty, but now at least I know to read the fine print next time.

Reply to
Dan G

Thanks for passing that on..Chad.

Reply to
It's just me

all clear coat finish comes off most vehicles at about 10 years. It's accelerated by too much sun and also winshield wiper fluid.. just look at most cars esp the roof where the fluid lands on it.. if you would have used UV cleaner conditioner, you would likely still have a nice top.. 8 years ? sounds ok to me.. nothing lasts forever.

Reply to
Guylaine J. Parisien