What are good tires for a '93 4x4. 90% street

I have too many choices.

Right now, I have an oddball mix of whatever the tire guy had used. My truck loves nails.

Since the rubber is trashed, I am looking for new tires. My driving is

90% LA freeways so I want the ride soft and quiet. I run 26PSI all around in the tires I have now(31x10.5 R15 LT) and the ride is very smooth.

I do live down a dirt road, but it's nothing that requires 4x4 to go down. Even after it's rained a bit.

I am looking for a street tire in the 31x10.5 R15 size. Not totaly 2 ply street, but I don't want a knobby.

How are the REMINGTON WIDE BRUTE RV?

?searchType=searchBySize&sectionWidth=32&aspectRatio=11.50&rimDiameter=15&x=21&y=10&manufacturerID=20#prodAnchorThey seems to make them in a bunch of sizes.

I hear a lot of good things about Toyo Are the TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T any good?

?searchType=searchBySize&sectionWidth=31&aspectRatio=10.50&rimDiameter=15&x=18&y=7&manufacturerID=27#prodAnchor

I have tried both Goodyear and Firestone and I have not been impressed.

How about a 32 inch tire? I could use a little taller gearing for the freeways. But how is the handeling?

Ideally, I would want smaller tires for better road handeling, but smaller tires would put the RPM in the 3.5k range for 75MPG and kill my gas milage.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

-Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Interesting you mention the Toyo Open Country A/T as I just had them put on my truck an 02' Tacoma. I had a thread going recently here about them being one size larger than my stock tires. The stock tires were P265/70R16 and the new ones are P275/70R16's. Very minimal size difference actually and I have noticed no difference performance wise other than a noticeably smoother ride. So far I really like the Toyo tires. While it has only been two weeks I have noticed my truck takes bumps in the road much smoother now and they ride very well. The shop I went to recommended the Toyo tires and told me they were a better tire than the stock BF Goodrich Rugged Trail tires it came with. Based on my experience so far I recommend them. Here is an article I came across as well.

A little long winded but informative in my opinion. I am sure others will have their ideas to add as well. Hope this helps.

Pat

Reply to
Pat