What is the T100 Hub nut torque speck and procedure(4wd 1996)

for the t100, Tacoma and 96 4runner Chiltons says "Tighten the hub nut to 80 ft. lbs." and "Tighten the locknut to 174 ft. lbs."

This seems wrong to me

it says nothing about a lock washer (which my setup does have)

for other toyota truck modles Chiltons says tighten hub nut to 48 lbs turn wheel back nut off retork hub nut to 18 lbs install locking washer install lock nut to 35-58 lbs bend tabs on locking washer

I have torqued the nut to 80 ft lbs and I can turn the hub ok with one hand... so it seems like it might be ok.. torque specks just seem wrong to me

Anyone know how this should be on my 96 extended cab t-100 4wd?

Reply to
paul