What IS This Light?

On my 89 Toyota Pickup (V6, EFI), there is a small red light below the emergency flasher switch. It's pretty much in the middle of the dash panel. What is light for? The owner's manual shows it should be rear defog switch. However this vehicle doesn't have rear defog, and the light is just a light, not a switch. If this light keeps blinking, what does it tell you?

Reply to
mixedsig

Did you buy this truck new?

If not, could it be some sort of aftermarket fake alarm?

Reply to
B A R R Y

I've owned this vehicle for less than a year. I never observed the light come up in the past. I did some repair on my fuel tank and pump last weekend, then that light became blinking, and I couldn't start the engine anymore.

Reply to
mixedsig

Thanks for the info. If it's an alarm. It must be a real alarm, not a fake one. Since my ignition is disabled now. Let me check it out tonight.

Reply to
mixedsig

Assuming that you didnt get any remote control with your trucks key you may just ahve an immobiliser. Pull the dash panel off from under the driver side and find the little black box. There should be a relay within the unit or one seperate thats cable tied up under there somewhere. Is there a siren under the hood?

Reply to
Scotty

A-HA!

Reply to