Wheel Compatability

If memory serves me correctly, Chevy 6-lugs rims used to fit the Toyota

6-lug pattern... (circa 80-85) Is this still with the later models?

Have a chance to purchase a set of 2003GMC rims and tires (31x10.5x16). If they are in good/decent condition, hopefully the seller will allow me to test fit. BTW - I hoping these bolt up to my 98 PreRunner...

Even if bolt pattern 'works' the next question regards the offset..

Any experience with this situation out there?

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

Maybe this will be of help..

Current tires are P225/75 R15

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

3 issues, bolt pattern (6 on 5.5" is pretty universal), offset or back spacing, which you can measure:
the ID of the center hole in the wheel. Some Chevy wheels have hole that istoo small to fit over the Toyota front hubs. You can also measure this, check the ID on your existing wheels and/or the OD ofyour front hubs and then compare with the newwheels.
Reply to
Roger Brown

Reply to
dave

Thanks dave.. In fact the centerbore was too small.... We walked away...

Anyone in 'here' located in the southern reaches of Calif with a decent set of toyota alloy rims and tires? I know someone prolly has just picked up their Taco/T-100/Seq and is itching to put on aftermarket rims and tires....

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf