wheel options for '86 pickup

Shopping for alternatives to the stock steel wheels. I understand that the lug pattern is 5 X 4.5", but to what extent does offset need to be preserved? I think the factory wheel has low to zero offset.

Some wheels that may work well:

-mid 90's Camry wheels

-mid to late 90's Ford Explorer wheels

What other factory alloy wheels work well on an '86 pickup?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
burgess.stephen

Shopping for alternatives to the stock steel wheels. I understand that the lug pattern is 5 X 4.5", but to what extent does offset need to be preserved? I think the factory wheel has low to zero offset.

Some wheels that may work well:

-mid 90's Camry wheels

-mid to late 90's Ford Explorer wheels

What other factory alloy wheels work well on an '86 pickup?

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
burgess.stephen

I saw 82 - 85 supra wheels on a pickup one time..

any deviation in the offset of the wheels from the stock offset will produce different handling characteristics as well as increased pace of wear on parts because the parts will be loaded differently from stock. Changing offset almost always produces a detrimental effect as far as the life of the vehicle and as far as parts on the vehicle are concerned. However, most people ignore this fact and change the offset anyway.

You have to decide which is for you -- form or function. Do you care about getting another 100,000 from the truck? If not, have at it..

Reply to
Celica Dude

Correction -- I saw those wheels on one of those ugly mid-engined Toyota mini-vans.. my misteak

Reply to
Celica Dude