Which camper shell to get for a Tundra?

The last camper shell I had was on my 1984 Toyota SR5 so I'm quite out of it. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good camper shell which might fit a Tundra double cab?

Thanks!

Bryan

Reply to
b.arenal

You should consider a cap that has flip up side windows. After having 3 different caps on my trucks, and finally getting one with flip up large side windows, I wouldn't buy anything else. We keep assorted things in the bed, and it's nice to be able to get things out of the front of the bed, without climbing over things. We keep the beach chairs, and umbrella in the front of the bed, and access to them is easy thru the side windows. Caps with sliding windows, don't give enough access room, in my opinion. My .02

Reply to
Over40pirate

Ask at tundrasolutions.com Several of the folks there have experience with shells. Ken

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask which cap you settled on?

Reply to
b.arenal

I have a A.R.E on my 02 and it works and looks great.

Clifton Goode

Bryan,

I've been very happy with my A.R.E. cap on my '04 Tundra Access cab. They do make one for the double cab, as well.

The other poster's suggestion about side opening windows is a great idea; never thought of that ! Instead, I have to crawl up to get stuff in the front of the bed. I did put in a Bed Rug, though, so stuff doesn't slide too much !

Checking ARE's web site, they do offer a model with an option of side-opening windows. I have the Z series, but the Impulse can be ordered with the side windows. You can check them out at

HTH !

Dean...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
D Larsen

Thanks everyone -- I really appreciate the help!

Reply to
b.arenal