Which engines had sludge prob?

88 Pickup 22RE

I was looking at a 6cyl Tundra. Did that engine have a sludge prob?

Reply to
J. Carlson

Which owner didnt change oil? Find that person and you'll find the engine with sludge, unless Charlene has sold it by now?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Not the Tundra. The engines is question were:

1997-2002 Toyota and Lexus vehicles with 3.0-liter IMZ V-6 engines and all 1997-2001 Toyota vehicles with 5SFE 2.2-liter 4-cylinder engines.

Note that even some of these engines with regular 5000 mile oil changes, as recommended in their owner's manual, but maybe a lower quality brand of the correct spec API-SJ oil are said to have developed the sludge.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Hmm. That last part about the oil quality strikes me as suspect.

If I had to guess, the vehicle in question more likely from a demographic unit whose profile includes people who (a) don't tend to take good care of their cars, and (b) _do_ tend to lie about how well they take care of their cars.

I'm not going further than that. That is dangerous turf in _any_ direction, and I've probably said too much already... ;^)

Tom S

Reply to
Tom S