Which To Keep???

Utility aside, which one should I keep? Reliability etc ......

94 - 4Runner (V6)(4x2) 130,000 99 - Camry LE (V4) 75,000
Reply to
Mike

Point of Order The Camry is not a V4, it's an inline 4.

I'd keep the Camry. The OBD II engine management system offers more information when it comes time to get the wrenches out.

I have a neighbor with a similar vintage Camry, also with the 4-banger, and she has racked up 250k miles.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Keep the one you *like* the most. That way, you'll feel better about the upkeep expense (and more likely to take care of it).

Reply to
Phisherman

Pretty much depends on whether you want to keep a car or a SUV-type vehicle.

I'd keep the Camry. My son got my '98 LE and it now has over 180,000 miles.

Reply to
David In NH

4 cil vs 4wd , less to work on with 2wd get the camry
Reply to
ransley

depends what you do with each vehicle as they are not that similar. upkeep will probably be cheaper on the camry, although in my experience its easier to find used parts for 4x4s as people tend to wreck them privately more often. Also the camry is considerably newer and as such will probably require less work. However I've seen a toyota truck with the same v6 engine as the 4runner that had 620 000km on it without a rebuild... which is rather impressive.

Reply to
Toshi38

| > > Utility aside, which one should I keep? Reliability etc ...... | >

| > > 94 - 4Runner (V6)(4x2) 130,000 | > > 99 - Camry LE (V4) 75,000 | >

| > 4 cil vs 4wd , less to work on with 2wd get the camry | | depends what you do with each vehicle as they are not that similar. | upkeep will probably be cheaper on the camry, although in my | experience its easier to find used parts for 4x4s as people tend to | wreck them privately more often. Also the camry is considerably newer | and as such will probably require less work. However I've seen a | toyota truck with the same v6 engine as the 4runner that had 620 000km | on it without a rebuild... which is rather impressive.

I read his post as BOTH vehicles are 2 wheel drive. Unless the OP meant to post (4x4) instead of (4x2) behind the 4Runner.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

I would Keep the 4 runner.But maybe keep the one that has gave you less problems in the past.Oh and tell us what one you are going to keep when you make up your mind.Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Mello

I would also pick the camry: reliable and cheap to use. I own 1995 LE model, 4-cyl and currently 238k miles. No major issues.

Reply to
Pszemol

I have been thinking maybe you should keep the camry and not 4 runner. I think it has air bags and the air bags may save your life if you get in a crash. Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Reply to
Richard & Linda Cheney

I'll chime in with Camry - my 1999 V6 has 230,000+ miles on it.

Reply to
Cat

Reply to
Richard
198.186.190.226...

I have a similar dilemma deciding with Camry I should keep ! One is a 1995 Camry LE , the other is a 1998 Camry LE . However while the 1998 has all original parts except for brakes , the 1995 has had the struts and shocks , radiator , rack and pinion ,brake sensors and front axles replaced . The 95 has 138000 mile ,98 has 128000 miles . Which should I keep ?

Reply to
Paul P

the 95, eventually when you replace everything you have a new car! did that on a honda and got another 8 years out of it (it's an 85)

Reply to
bungalow_steve

I just wonder what you are doing to the cars that you have to have the radiator, rack and pinion, and front axles replaced. Maybe a wreck ?

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Must have been. Those are not items that would require replacement so soon.

Reply to
SMS

the 95, eventually when you replace everything you have a new car! did that on a honda and got another 8 years out of it (it's an 85)

I'd keep the '98 because I like the OBD II diagnostics.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland