wht weight oil in 02 2.7

i have a 02 tacome 2.7 leter with 130,000 on it wht weight oil is good to put in there any idea whats the best any one know much about the synthetic is it good to use??

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

best weight?? about 6 1/2 pounds per gallon :-)

seriously, check your owners manual.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Given themilage I would use nothing lighter than 10w30. Never used

10w40 as it high VI content can cause ring problems with time.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

10W-30 summer, 5W-30 winter. If it consumes oil, use 5W-40 year 'round.

Mobil 1 is excellent, easy to find, hard to beat.

First, clean the engine with Auto-Rx

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Poor choice for a worn engine and expensive too. I would use 15w40 in a oil burner not 5w40 SYN. As 10w30 will work fine in winterin a older engine unless it get down to minus 20 or colder a lot then you might use 5w30. In a older engine there is more potential for damage from oil a bit too thin than a bit too thick.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

BAIN15

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

And of course a Amsoil dealer would say Mobile one is not the best either which it really likely is and the oldest too. But that a side, a switch to any SYN oil is not the wisest thing to do on a older high mileage engine.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan