windshield wiper problem '92 pickup

I have a 1992 toyota pickup. After an accident I had the car repainted. Since then the wipers don't work right.

The drivers side wipes past the edge of the glass onto the pillar.

I tried to adjust the position, and it would hit the bottom of the glass.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

jerry

Reply to
cognite tute

They probably took the wiper arms off the splined axle pivots at the cowl, and put them back on at the wrong axle. They are very fine splines, when you tried adjusting the arm you may have gone one spline too far and now it hits the cowl vent panel.

Check that you have the correct arms on the correct sides - some cars have a longer arm on one side, or there's an angle bend on the Left that's not on the Right.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Swap the side, left and right are sometimes different lenghts.

Scotty

Reply to
Scotty