Winter Tires for a TRD wheel

I have a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 with the TRD alloy wheels. I have a set of BFG All Terrains on them, 31 inchers, LT265. Its a wide tire. Everyone says those tires got to go for the winter because they are too wide, especially for a small truck. I have the original tires and wheels that came with the truck, 15 inch steels and narrower Dunlop tires, 225's. I don't want to have to take off the TRD wheels, they look so good. Any suggestions as for a good winter tire? or can the All Terrain's make for a suitable snow tire?

Thanks

http://205.251.78.84/splash.jpg

Reply to
Brad P

You may want to rethink that.... I've heard stories about road salts severely trashing the TRD wheels.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

psi is the name of the game, narrower tires have less contact area, thereby increasing psi to the ground. more psi means you can grip down through the snow better. how much better depends on the diff in psi between you bfg's and oem tires....

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Never thought about comparing the PSI....I will have to check that out. Thanks!

Reply to
Brad P