Wiper question

I own a 95 4Runner and an 89 Pickup. Passenger side windshield wiper hangs over the edge about 1/2 inch on both vehicles. It's almost as if I purchased the wrong size wipers (maybe I did). But I've seen this on several vehicles. In fact, I had Jiffy Lube put new wipers on the 95 4Runner. The tip of the wiperblade still hangs off the windshield and rubs on the trim when the blade is in the down position.

AG2

Reply to
ag2ward

It seems like the first time I replaced the wipers on my 96, I bought two different sizes for driver and passenger sides (looked it up in a book at the parts store, probably 2-3 years ago) and they fit fine, but the last time I did (January this year) they had the same size listed for both sides, and it hangs off the end about 1/2 inch longer than the old blade. Maybe the wiper manufacturers revised their books or Toyota revised something?? I just slid mine down as far as I could so it won't rub the trim. Next time I'll just buy a smaller one for the passenger side or figure out how to shorten the darn things. And here I thought it was just me, being dyslexic when I read the parts selector. ;) LOL It isn't as if I get to use them that often. Suggestion: go out and get a twin-pack of a smaller size that will fit, condition and set aside the too-long blade and the spare short one, and when the currently installed ones start getting icky, just swap. Out here the weather is so predictable, we can put the not-so-great-but-functional set on the vehicle for summer, and swap to the good/new set for the winter wet and extend their use. The summer dry heat here destroys wipers in no time and you never get a single use out of them really. I give 'em the once over and as long as the rubber's still attached and not cracking up, it's good enough for my summer use.

Reply to
Pookerz

Look at the blades. If you took a blade out and turned it around would it still hang over? Sometimes this will allow the longer portion to be harmlessly out of the way on the inside and reduce the amount on the outside. Hope this makes sense to you.

Reply to
Hudson