won't start

Hi I have a 91 Toyota pickup 4 cyl.My problem is it runs great except when it rains ,then it won't start until after it stops raining.Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
Joe King

Hi Joe,

Maybe check the wiring harnesses and connectors near the firewall, if water is trickling down onto them during a rain storm. How soon after the rain stops will it start?

Bryan

Reply to
bryancandi

Start the engine, and the best time is at night, run the water from a garden hose over small sections of the engine and eventually you will find the item causing the problem. You may be suprised to see a lot of arcing going on around the plug wires and spark plugs.

Reply to
Sam in Savannah

Reply to
Joe King

It's certainly an ignition problem. Spark plug wires or distributor cap are typically the cause. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al