Worth lifting a mid-90's Toyo 2wd pickup a little?

My brother has one and it drives him nuts how low it sits. He says he is gonna lift it when the tires wear out, and put a little bigger tires on it. As a Jeep owner who knows just a little (seriously) about lifts, I have been telling him it's likely to not be as simple as he might think. Motor mounts, brake lines, etc. Anyone ever lift on of these?

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

I've been wondering about that, too. I want to know what it would take to turn the low-riding 2WD Tacoma into something like the Prerunner. The rear suspension looks pretty straightforward, but would you need longer control arms in the front? Obviously you would need the bigger shock-coil assembly. Longer drive shaft? Probably too many other components needed that would make it cost prohibitive.

"My brother has one and it drives him nuts how low it sits. He says he is gonna lift it when the tires wear out, and put a little bigger tires on it. As a Jeep owner who knows just a little (seriously) about lifts, I have been telling him it's likely to not be as simple as he might think. Motor mounts, brake lines, etc. Anyone ever lift on of these?

-jeff"

Reply to
desert_taco