12 volt turn signal relay help needed

I thought it would look cool so I swapped out my stock turn signal lever with some aftermarket thing. well I never could get it to work correctly so today I tried to put the car back as it was. My stock turn lever had only three wires on it when I got the car and the turn signals did work. When I had removed it I put tags on the wires . Well only two remained today, the two to the turn signal Left and right wires that have the "Y" type of plastic connector thing. My car did not have a stock relay .the one in the car has only three poles on it. I have awiring article from an old issue of VW Trends and it shows a similar three pole relay in their parts list but no clue as how it should be wired. To make a long story short, Which relay terminal'pole does the one wireI have left from the turn signal switch go to?

Better yet, what wires go where on these three terminals?

Help!!

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike West

YEAR of VW along with model might help! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Looks like this:

(Shows a 4-prong flasher. Yours won't have the KBL terminal; just hook that wire to 49a.)

Here's a view of the 3-pronger, sans color:

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim