1600 fouling plugs

I have a modified 1600 with a weber 2bbl carb which keeps fouling plugs when I Idle for more than a few minutes. Can anyone help me

Reply to
mrmjb

Its jetted wrong, most likely. Firstly try screwing in the idle mixture screw at the base of the carb, in line with the car, a bit at a time. If you bottom out or are up to 1 1/2 turns from bottom out, then you need to rejet. Someone else will have a better explanation.... I think you will need to reduce the primary idle jet.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Typical I dare say, for the centermounted weber progressive.. they run so poorly in a bug because of that long intake manifold, that they have to be jetter too rich to work. Switch to hotter plugs or replace the carb with something else. Make sure you have good HEAT to the intake manifold. You could try replacing the idle jets with smaller ones too. (That really is the solution, but as a result you may have stalling problems because of that carb/intake combination..)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson