1966 Beetle Ball Joints

I recently acquired a 1966 Bug in Denver from my daughter and drove it back to Atlanta with no problems. She is a little vague about what services has been done to it as she had it sitting for the last two years because of starter problems. That's been fixed. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to check the upper and lower ball joints as I've heard they should be replaced more frequently then what I am used to on American cars. The people I've asked locally seem somewhat vague in their responses. Can anyone please advise me on this matter.

Thanks,

Brother Pat

Reply to
Patrick

They'll often last 100,000 miles if the boots aren't broken.

Get a Bentley Official Manual for '66 thru '69. There is a nice section on the frt end and shows how to check them.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

snip>wondering if there is a way to check the upper and lower ball joints as I've heard they should be replaced

Thanks Jim, Got a Bentley ordered.

Reply to
Patrick