1967 Vert Pan Replacement

I am new to restoration but have heard not all Brazilian pan halves are created equally. Of course, I will use German pans if I can find them but am still trying to locate a nice rust free set. I have read that some Brazilian halves tend to fit better than others. I thought there was one plant in Brazil that manufactured all the pan halves. Either way, can someone, from experience, please let me know where to purchase the best possible fitting Brazilian halves for my '67 if there are higher quality ones than others. Thanks -- Joe

Reply to
joe

You aren't going to have much luck looking for used pans. Try these

Ben Boyle

The seat rails suck on the Brazilian replacements. The fit wasn't all that bad. The metal is a little bit thinner than the German( original) ones. But then again if they are Swiss cheese or non existent then the Brazilian ones are better than nothing. If your original seat rails are in good shape, drill out the spot welds and weld them to the new pans

before:

after:

dragenwagen

Does '67 Vert have the frame re-inforcing rails? They're not part of the pan and you'll have to include them in figuring the project.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

All 'verts have those rails, otherwise they would bend in half. You don't have to replace the rails along with the pan unless of course the rails are shot. The rails are welded to the body just below the heater channel and do not connect direcetly to the pan so therefore there are no such things as 'vert specific pans, though you will have ot remove the jack points on the pans to get them to fit as the 'vert have their own jack points on the rails..

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Yes, but they are part of the heater channel, and not the pan. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Reply to